Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2007 7:27:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/22/2007 7:29:55 PM EST by frr]
Im thinking about picking up a weapon light system from BrightFlashlights, and Im not sure what exactly would meet my needs best. I am thinking about a Surefire 9P since its brighter. Using the regular 60min lamps (bulbs), is the 9P significantly brighter than the 6P? Does the added power make up for the added length? I am looking for a light that can produce a highly concentrated beam over a great distance vs a very bright light that spreads out quickly at a wide angle. I plan to use this light on a Bushmaster M4 that will be used for range fun/self defense/SHTF.

Or perhaps is there an LED I should be looking at? I was checking out the L4 LumaMax but it (along with other LEDs I looked at) had that wide beam problem I was talking about.

Does anyone have a comparison pic of a 6P vs a 9P in operation by chance?

(edit - non surefire light chosen by me for purposes of seeing the poll results)
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:49:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/22/2007 8:49:46 PM EST by blackjack333]
I voted "other" because there are other options available that are just as good if not better than the Surefires.
First you need to need to decide how much $$ you want to invest into your light set-up and go from there.

IMO, one of the best deals going right now is the Pentagon MS3 Xenon Light w/ ARMS Throw Lever Mount
try finding a comprable "new" Surefire for that price..it won't happen.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:41:17 AM EST
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:13:29 PM EST
I use a Gladius, because I like the adjustability of the light.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:40:13 AM EST
I had a G2 mounted on my AR. Pretty good, but I went to a Streamlight TLR-1. Tough, durable, good throw and battery life.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:25:45 PM EST
I use a SF 9P in a LaRue offset mount.

I really like it. I use a VFG and due to the length of the 9P, I adjusted it so it is a perfect fit for my on/off thumb.

Another thing to consider is shadow. The farther forward the light head is, the less barrel shadow the light will cast. The 9P extends the head a bit more than the competitors.

Top Top