Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/22/2007 8:27:40 PM EDT
Im thinking about picking up a weapon light system from BrightFlashlights, and Im not sure what exactly would meet my needs best. I am thinking about a Surefire 9P since its brighter. Using the regular 60min lamps (bulbs), is the 9P significantly brighter than the 6P? Does the added power make up for the added length? I am looking for a light that can produce a highly concentrated beam over a great distance vs a very bright light that spreads out quickly at a wide angle. I plan to use this light on a Bushmaster M4 that will be used for range fun/self defense/SHTF.

Or perhaps is there an LED I should be looking at? I was checking out the  L4 LumaMax but it (along with other LEDs I looked at) had that wide beam problem I was talking about.

Does anyone have a comparison pic of a 6P vs a 9P in operation by chance?

(edit - non surefire light chosen by me for purposes of seeing the poll results)
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I voted "other" because there are other options available that are just as good if not better than the Surefires.
First you need to need to decide how much $$ you want to invest into your light set-up and go from there.

IMO, one of the best deals going right now is the Pentagon MS3 Xenon Light w/ ARMS Throw Lever Mount
try finding a comprable "new" Surefire for that price..it won't happen.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a Gladius, because I like the adjustability of the light.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a G2 mounted on my AR.  Pretty good, but I went to a Streamlight TLR-1.  Tough, durable, good throw and battery life.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a SF 9P in a LaRue offset mount.

I really like it. I use a VFG and due to the length of the 9P, I adjusted it so it is a perfect fit for my on/off thumb.

Another thing to consider is shadow.  The farther forward the light head is, the less barrel shadow the light will cast.  The 9P extends the head a bit more than the competitors.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top