Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2003 12:38:30 PM EDT
Hello folks.

I've been going through sure-fire products and it seems I'm sold on M96x series. I saw the price tag and there is a $50 difference in thumbscrew and swan lever mount in same model!

I really like the lever mount for optics, but I don't know about lights. Will the light not be as stable if I use thumbscrew mount? (I'm not planning to detach it once I install it)
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Screws work lose unless you lock-tite them.  Ive yet to see the SWAN mount do that.  You might want to consider what being able to quickly detach it offers when i comes to cleaning your gun.  I take my 962 off everytime the gun gets cleaned.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto.

I used to think that swan levers were a waste of money for a low-speed, high-drag guy like myself.

But after getting the ARMs 22M68 ring, I'm hooked.  I've got most of my stuff switched over now that I've seen the light.  Makes my life a lot easier, so I'd say it's worth the extra money.  YMMV.    

By the way, my stuff is rock solid, no wobbling at all with the levers, but thumbs screws always seem to loosen up a bit after putting a lot of rounds down range.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your opinions.

Actually I also dumped Aimpoint QRP mount after seeing ARMS 22M68. If it is the same for the lights, I'm going with lever mount.

Link Posted: 8/1/2003 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats what Id recommend.  You wont be disappointed.  Its worth the extra.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one of the thumbscrew versions and it has never worked itself loose.
Having said that, I still prefer the lever mount.
I purchased my thumbscrew 971 used, so I didn't really have a choice.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 3:49:09 AM EDT
[#6]
You can buy the Thumb Screw Mount and the A.R.M.S. Mount as "M" Mount Options:

M49 = Thumb Screw Mount
M50 = A.R.M.S. Mount

The M50 is expensive.

Al
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top