Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/13/2005 10:37:31 AM EDT
Hey folks, I have a question that I couldn't find an answer to using the search function. Please bear with me if this has been asked and answered before.

My assigned weapon is an M16A2. Having become used to a few more options (taclight, foregrip, CCO), and prepping for deployment soon, I set out to buy a rail system and some equipment to mount.

I recently received a SureFire M82, for the stock A2 with traingular ring. Seems like an excellent piece of equipment, especially for the price.

I have an EOTECH 552 enroute, which I plan on 'scout mounting' on the rail.

My question: will I need a spacer to co-witness the EO and the stock/carry handle iron sights? I am worried that the rails lower top profile will make the EO sit too low.

Any guidance you can give on this is appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:29:44 PM EDT
It might sit at the correct height, but that's not your only problem.

That rail isn't free floating, IIRC. That means that your EOTech might not stay zeroed if the rail has ANY movement in it.

I'd suggest a cantilever mount of some sort for the EOTech and you can use the rail for a forward grip.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:50:51 PM EDT
Thanks for the response...initially I was worried about the same. I have noted that there are some set screws provided that tighten against the handguard cap. This definitely would not make the unit free-float, but does make lockup tight.

I will post some pics and give my 2 cents on it when the 552 comes in and I have had a chance to do some shooting with it.

BTW, I ordered a YHM rail riser just in case...
Top Top