Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/3/2004 9:51:34 PM EDT
I asked awhile back if the ARMS TRC/TRR would work with the Leupold MR/T and someone responded and said it would not work with the #22 rings you must use it with the #35 mount.  Is this true with the Tasco Super Sniper also or can you use the #22 rings?  Also if you I get the #35 mount does it come with rings or do I have to buy the #35 and the #22's?  That would be stupid to have quick throw lever rings on a quick throw lever base.  Any help would be great.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Troy for answering the part about the #35 rings.  Here is a link to my upper.... Upper Pic So you can see I can put the #22 ring foward on the handguards but we don't know yet if the scope has enough room to allow for that between the turrets and the bell.  I know some people have these things and can tell me.  I am looking into this to save $500 bucks instead of getting the Leupold MR/T M3.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Bumped back to page 1
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe that th ARMS ring caps are all interchangable between all saddles. #21's, #22's, #35's, and that would mean the TRR would, but the TRR, would fit all, depending on the optic.
Jack
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:53:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Mavrick656,

You are such a copy cat!!!he
-SC
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:28:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:53:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I went back and looked at the "base" model Leupolds and none of them seem to have the M3 knobs on them which I really like and want.  I also noticed that the knobs on the Super Sniper stand up really tall.  So tall I think they might block the Optima/Dr. red dot which is the whole reason for putting the TRR/TRC on it.  Hopefully Sal can fill us in.  Maybe I'll just use my irons until I win the lottery.

Sal did you get your upper from JTAC also?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#8]
My SPR with Tasco SS 10x-M with ARMS #22 High Rings TRC/TRR.   I do not have an optic for the TRC/TRR at this time but it does work.  The top turret may be slightly to high for a propper view thru a Docter Optic or similar. But as you can see the TRC/TRR does work on a Tasco SS / #22rings.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Mav,

Yup saw your upper in another thread and decided that I needed one more than I needed the money in my bank account, you know how that goes.

Powermc,  I love your spr

I don't think I need a red dot on the spr as I have 2 other ar's, one with an aimpoint, and the other has a compact acog on her removable carry handle.

Thank God for overtime,

SC
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool Sal I really like mine.  I've been carrying it around the house all night pointing it at the dogs.  I think I'm starting to annoy my wife.  Thanks for the pic PowershipMC.  I think they are going to be to high to use a Dr/Optima.  That sucks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Mav,

Bushmaster sells a little dohicky called something like a "varmit flatop riser" or somthing like that, which you could stick on top of the rail and then mount an optic on it.

SC
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:47:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey Sal can you give us an update on your Super Sniper, do you like it?

Also, BTT cause somones gotta have a Super Sniper and Dr./Optima to test if the turrets are to tall to see the red dot.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:54:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Mav,

I like it alot but it was a bitch to zero because I don't have a proper rest or bipod for  my 16" carbine. I will have the proper equipment when my SPR upper comes in. Until then I will just have to make due with my Compact ACOG on my 16" bushy and my Aimpoint on my 11.5" PWA Commando.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top