Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2007 9:44:25 PM EDT
I am looking to build a AR-15 varmint rig / long range gun. I would really like to get the Leopold tactical mark 4 scope but that is way out of my price range and will take a few years for me to get. On the other hand I seen these super sniper scopes. First off you already know the intention of the gun I would say a minimum of 100 yards out to 600 yards will be the need requirements of the scope (maybe 1000 yards but that would be it).

I do not know jack about scopes. I was looking at getting the one with the adjustable side focus for $399.99. The only big down side that I can see to this compared the the mark 4 tactical scope from Leopold is one: no illuminated rectical, no lifetime warranty, and it is a fixed power scope.

So with this info provided what does ARF hive mind have to say will the super sniper fit my needs? I do plan to get the mark 4 tactical down the road but this will be at least 2 - 3 years down the road and I really don't want a $100 wall mart scope between now and the time I get the money for the scope that I really want. What is the good, bad, and ugly on these super sniper scopes. Is the one that I want (power wise) to much or should I go with a lower power SS scope. Thanks for any help, suggestions, and insight.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#1]
They are solid scopes, esp for the money.  For me, it lacked on an AR because of the lack of  variable power.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:20:52 AM EDT
[#2]
The one you are talking about is a fixed 10X. I run a 16X on my SDM-R, and use it out to 500 yds without any problems. I honestly can't think of anything bad about a Super Sniper. It is a good piece of kit.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Millet makes a descent 4x16x50MM scope that is comprable in price to the Super Sniper

Millet 4x16x50mm Scope
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#4]
save the 100 bucks and get the rear focus if you want the 10X.  $299.00 for a damn good scope. I like my 2 and they get used often.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:49:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
save the 100 bucks and get the rear focus if you want the 10X.  $299.00 for a damn good scope. I like my 2 and they get used often.

+1

i've used mine for F-class, range, hunting, etc for over 2 yrs--they are worth the price
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#6]
not to jack the thread, but......  how does that LEATHERWOOD CAMPUTER scope work??  i have seen it on Ar's in magazines, but i cant find anyone that is actually using one on there rifle.  seems like a cool idea, but i want to knwo real worl stats on it.  not just stats from its maker.  thank, brian
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was looking at getting the one with the adjustable side focus for $399.99. The only big down side that I can see to this compared the the mark 4 tactical scope from Leopold is one: no illuminated rectical, no lifetime warranty, and it is a fixed power scope.

The scope carries a lifetime warranty: I called and asked.

The side focus is not needed.  Save the $100 for ammo.

Fixed power is a good thing: less moving parts, less to break.  With a fixed power, you will learn to adjust for distance easier than using a variable power.  I only use 10x scopes; works well for me out to 1000 yards.  I use 1x for each 100 yards.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Got a 10X and a 16X. Love them both on my AR's. Great solid scope for the money.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top