Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 4:57:50 PM EDT
Does anyone have one of these?  The reviews I have read have all been pretty good, but I like to know the bad as well.  I called SWFA and they said last year they sold over 4000 of them and they didn't have more than 12 defective units.

Second Question is how does this scope compare 10X42 to a scope that is 6-14X40?

Last question, is the SS10X42M has the parrellax on the side rather than rear.  Is this work an extra $100?

Thanks in Advance!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a SS10X42M mounted with Armalites 1 piece mount, on a AR10T.  For the price it can't be beat.  Decent glass, holds zero with accurate repeatability.  The elevation turret on mine is a little mushy feeling and the audible is weak also.  Is a Luepold , Nikon, Zeiss etc. better?  Yes but at what price?  The side parallex adjustment is worth the cost IMHO, it's just easier to use.  
firedog55
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:17:55 AM EDT
[#3]
i prefer the side focus super sniper.

with a fixed powered scope there is less mechanical stuff going on internally which in turn means less to go wrong. the super sniper is one hell of an optic for the price.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have both of these scopes and like them both. The SS10x40 is on a Savage 10FP in .223. The SS10x40M was on my Springfield M1A but for now this scope has no home. Neither scope has ever had a problem, and they both hold their zero very well. The glass is pretty good as well.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#5]

I just bought two of the Super Sniper 10x42M.  I really like them.  They had all of the features I was looking for.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:35:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have a SS10X42M mounted with Armalites 1 piece mount, on a AR10T.  For the price it can't be beat.  Decent glass, holds zero with accurate repeatability.  The elevation turret on mine is a little mushy feeling and the audible is weak also.  Is a Luepold , Nikon, Zeiss etc. better?  Yes but at what price?  The side parallex adjustment is worth the cost IMHO, it's just easier to use.  
firedog55

I see that you have it on your AR10. Thats good to know, I was looking for something to put on my 30.06. And I want to make sure that it can handle it.
I know that on the web site is reads "OK for 50 cal" but I was not sure if that was for true or just Marketing B/S.

What do you mean by the elevation being MUSHY?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#7]
the o-rings under the knobs swell and cause them to feel mushy. replace the o-rings and the mushiness is gone.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top