Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2008 9:35:27 PM EDT
I'm looking for my next lower and upper for a later build.  I was looking at Rainier Arms and found the Sun Devil line of billet uppers/lowers.  They seem to be a very good price for billet pieces, so I was wondering if they are well made or not.  Are there any reviews here on them?  

Feel free to post any pictures and thoughts on them you have

ETA:  Just found some reviews, seems eveyone likes them.

ETA 2:  I will be using the upper/lower on a 9mm SBR build.  Will I be able to attach a 9mm shell deflector to the Sun Devil upper?
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 12:47:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I cant comment on the uppers, but I just put a lower together.
I like It ALOT.
Nice deep black finish, all parts fit fine (CMT)
It's a little different from a regular forged lower.
I used to use a punch to hold the bolt catch in place while i put in the roll pin; not possible on this lower.
instead I had to use an allen wrench shortways due to the extra material in front of the bolt catch on the receiver.
It also seems a little thinner, the KNS pins have a tiny amount of space left over between them and the lower.
My other (forged) lowers weren't like that.
Other then that it's awesome.
The setscrew to tighten the upper in and the grip in the front of the magwell are nice touches.
All the rollmarks are very clear and the logo (if you want to call it that) is unobtrusive.
Selector markings on both sides.
Caliber marking is multi.
Mine are in the low 3XXX serial range.
No machining flaws or tooling marks.
From what I know they are 6061 Alu, and not 7075 (?) like regular forged ones.

I got a sequentially numbered pair from Rainier Arms.  
I buy alot of stuff from them.
Don't hesitate to spend money with Rainier on one.
For the price you cant beat them.

Now If I could only find the tiny allen wrench need for a Magpul trigger guard I'd be done with the build.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I really like mine.

Check out this thread.....

Sun Devil Thread
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 2:49:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!  I'll be definitely getting the Sun Devil lower for my next build!

As for the upper, does anyone know if you can install a 9mm shell deflector to it?  Any reports/reviews on the Sun Devil upper?

Thanks again.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top