Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/14/2006 4:46:15 AM EDT
Gentlemen,

I currently have a traditional Flat Top M4 upper with a 14.5" barrel with a vortex perminantly installed for compliance. It sports the traditional M4 double heat shield hand guards. As I am not someone to leave things well enough alone, I wish to add a rail system to this upper. As I use optics, either red dot, EOTech, or ACOG on all my rifles, I find the FSP a nuisance. In consultation with my gun smith, he told me he could grind down the front sight post effectively making it a low profile gas block. He said instead of going with either a Larue or Daniel Defense 9.0 which would require the removal of the flash suppressor, I could go with a Samson MRFS-MX (10.0) or MRFS-M (9.0). I could then add a flip up front sight if I desire.

My question to the hive is this, given this potential set-up, which would you go with? Would the milled off front sight post sit completely behind the 9.0 or would I be better from simply a cosmetic standpoint going with the 10.0? The 10.0 would of course weigh several extra ounces, but as I'm not humping the weapon thru the bush, and few extra ounces are not that big a deal.

What say you?

Thanks,
Gary
Top Top