Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2015 7:15:28 AM EDT
I'm looking to extend the bottom rail on an M4 Commando with an older Midwest Industries rail system.  Non-free float barrel with a standard front site aperture.  Viking Tactics Ultralight Vertical Grip mounted on the bottom rail.  I just want to extend my support hand a bit more since I'm a taller guy and the shorter barrel doesn't allow for much of a rail length and I don't always have a chance to wear some gloves to protect my support hand.  I haven't been able to find a product that "shrouds" the underside of the barrel.  Any and all suggestions welcomed.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a few companies that make an extended quad rail with a cutout for the fsb, maybe that would work for you
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a company gun, so I can't do certain things.  Do you know whether the rail would leave the handguard cap intact?  I'm trying to picture how that would work without making it a free float.  Also, any specific manufacturers you have in mind?  I have been unable to locate any on my own.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Midwest Industries makes a drop in one, still uses cap at fsb.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#5]
How long of a barrel, and how much modification can you do?  

Something like the Diemaco, YHM, or Ergo barrel mount add on rails with some rail covers might be the ticket for you if you have enough barrel and can't do much modification.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:31:15 AM EDT
[#6]
11.5" barrel.  However, the good news is that the boss just gave me permission to remove the FSP.    So my original problem is no longer an issue.  I'm going with a Midwest Industries free float tube and gas block.  Thanks to everyone for responding.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top