BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 1:21:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a bushy 16" ultra light barrel on my carbine.  Love that thing.

Cut the front site post off and reall love it.

Perfect little plinking gun.

TXL

pic before I cut fsp, and put on hogue grip

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I topped off a Cav lower with a Bushy lightwieght upper as well. It feels like Mattel, but shoots like hell. I love it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]
another +1 for the bushie upper
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#5]
don't know, might check the bushy site, click the snake above.

txl
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Take a Look at the DPMS site.
I love light weight AR Type rifle and am always trying new stuff.
Here is a pic of a DPMS Flattop Upper with no Foward assist or dust cover to keep things light.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/thegnrck/hakkoduo.jpg
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:51:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Super lightweight upper would be the Pro Ord uppers they made specifically to fit on milspec AR lowers.  I have one and I must say it is pretty darn light.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:02:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
don't know, might check the bushy site, click the snake above.

txl

Did that already.  It had a lightweight under the preban section but the picture was the same - no FS or bayo lug.  Same with some of the other pictures though.

You can get the Bushy super lightweight barrel assy w/FS and Bayo lug.  ETA: THAT CONFIGURATION IS A STANDARD OFFERING IN THE BARREL SECTION BUT NOT OFFERED IN COMPLETE UPPERS. If you ask them, I am sure they would assemble a complete upper with it.

$219 in the barrel assy section.  I've known them to put together custom uppers out of stocked parts for people.

Here's my own lightweight.  I used plastic RAS, light body, light holder, and grip.

Of course losing the FS, Bayo lug, and shaving the sight tower would lower the weight, and the ultimate move being chopping the barrel and making an SBR.

Didn't Bushy just come out with a carbon fiber upper (not of the Carbon15 ilk)?  Just checked, they only offer complete rifles in this new hybrid.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:23:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't know if Bushmaster is selling any Carbon 15 complete uppers yet?  They are selling the Carbon 22LR upper assembly and they will fit on any std. AR lower, so I don't see why they won't offer a Carbon 15 upper.  That would make for a really light build.  My build using the Carbon 22LR upper and std. Bushmaster lower w/M4 stock is superlight!  Busjmaster did'nt offer the CF upper in a pre-ban version though  but even though the barrel is a pencil barrel profile it can still be threaded for a FH and the FSB is a std. one so you could swap it out for one with a bayonet lug if you really needed to.  At the very least I'm going to add a FH or a break to mine.  It just looks naked without anything on the end of the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#11]
+1 for the bushy car15 upper. Fits snug and functions well on my dissy lower.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Can you get the Bushy upper with a FS and Dissy setup?

No.

However if you dremel down the FSB, then buy a folding sight from PRI (they make one for the 0.62" barrel IIRC it would work.  Or just use a full length FF tube (like the DD 12.) and have a front folding sight that is designed to work of FF tubes.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#13]
+1 for bushy lightweight.

ETA : it should work soon.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top