Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/5/2006 8:33:26 AM EDT
I am looking for a low cst way to mount a light on my dissipator. I will be upgrading it later but I need a light on it now, so I can carry it on patrol. I have a spare M3 and 6P lights laying around. I have a Bushmaster Dissipator that I will be mounting it on.
I remember an article on mounting a short pirce of weaver rail onto the handguards to add a light but cant find it now. Like I said this will be replaced later if neccessary.

Any responses appreciated
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:42:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am looking for a low cst way to mount a light on my dissipator.

I remember an article on mounting a short piece of weaver rail onto the handguards to add a light but cant find it now.

Streamlight makes TWO different rails which can be mounted at 6oclock (bolt on) OR 10:30 (drill two holes) on your handguard.  Unfortunately the commonly available one is only for their M3 series, and "normal" rings have some "wobble" when used.  Their new TLR1 DOES fit the older mounts well though.

The rail Streamlight includes with the new Thunder Ranch Rifle Illumination kit worked with every ring and mount I have on hand.  The kit is around $100, and includes the new "shock-proof" version of the TL-3 light which is an AWESOME thrower and pretty much comparable with the output of a Surefire P90 lamp.

In all fairness, the Thunder Ranch kit is darned bulky, and the new TLR-1 LED light on a short bit of rail is extremely compact and competent for indoor use.  Can't go wrong with either set-up.  HTH.

Paladin

ETA:pic of TLR-1
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top