Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/1/2012 4:09:13 PM EDT
Hello -

I am running a Colt LE6720 with Aimpoint Comp M3. I was curious about a compatible magnifier that would not break the bank. I understand a lot goes into the mount and height, etc but I am just looking for general brands.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:02:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:20:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2012 11:20:43 AM EDT by afunderjack]
Another vote for the Vortex. For the money it cannot be beat. If your Aimpoint is mounted at full co-witness height you can use the Vrotex flip mount. If your are running lower 1/3 co-witness check out larue mounts. The combo of a vortex and the larue mount would run about $300.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:44:50 PM EDT
I recently found a magnifier from a company called Sight Mark. Not finding any info here on it, I was kinda wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 11:15:45 AM EDT
I have an aimpoint clone that I use that I picked up on eBay for $20. It's probably an air soft product or some Chinese knock off, but it magnifies 3x and the glass is nice and clear. Product is rubber encased aluminum. Seems sturdy and well built, and it fits my LaRue FTS mount perfectly. The eye-relief is not all that good, but it's not all that bad, either. But hey–it costs $20 vs. $600. My thought was that I'd buy it and if it sucks, I'm out $20 and could hold me over until I want something else. After running an Eotech w/ the magnifier and mount, I've decided to go to an ACOG for magnification w/ an RMR mounted atop. It's about 2-3 times the price of a name brand magnifier and good quality FTS mount, but it's lighter and faster acquisition. Until I can save up, the $20 magnifier and LaRue mount works decently. The optic is the priority because you don't want it to fail. The magnifier is just icing on the cake if you need a better view. Of course, I primarily use my AR for hog hunting. If you're military and you are deployed, maybe the better eye relief would allow engagement from a greater distance, so in that case I would splurge b/c your life is worth it.
Top Top