Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 10:02:08 AM EDT
So....I've been procuring the parts to Flat-top my A-2, and It's almost ready for it to all be put together.  The finishing touch, I'm thinking will be the Millett 1-4x scope mentioned in the subject line.  What I'm wondering, is what ring height y'all would recommend for it?  It sounds like a pretty bulky scope, and I've got a fairly chubby face, for what that's worth.  I really aint too worked up over back up sights at this point, and quick detach mounts are pretty much out of my price range right now.  Rumor has it, that scope is supposed to be pretty damn stout.

So...I'm thinking some Burris Med. height rings.  what do y'all think?

Thanks for any light you can shed on the subject for me!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:18:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Larue LT104...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Larue LT104...

Or LaRue SPR-E LT139
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#4]
If you do want QD capability without a bad price look into the Warne rings. For $50 you can have QD capability, they aren't the best for shooting NTCH because they arent a one piece mount, but they will work just as well as the Burris models for the same price and be QD.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#5]
My DMS-1 is in a Burris PEPR mount.  SWFA has package deals.  I like the mount.  No QD, but 1/3 the price.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I run my millet in an American Defense Recon Mount. Fanstastic mount that has withstood a mild amount of abuse and repeated removal.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#7]
What stock you running?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Larue LT104...

Or LaRue SPR-E LT139

This or this. I have the 104 with a high power scope on a varmint gun. As with Larue products, it is built very well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:28:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What stock you running?

Standard issue Mil-Spec A-2 stock.  

So far that Burris PEPR is looking like a good way to go.  Bear in mind, I'm in the po' boy end of the market, which means no quick detach, cool Larue, type stuff for me.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:47:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I only run my dms-1 on a little 522, but you can see how it sits with the Burris Extreme tactical rings (medium height)

Hope that helps.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:54:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you do want QD capability without a bad price look into the Warne rings. For $50 you can have QD capability, they aren't the best for shooting NTCH because they arent a one piece mount, but they will work just as well as the Burris models for the same price and be QD.

You need a FF rail to run that setup. If you shoot NTCH with a DMS you really need a Larue SPR-E or the American Defense Recon X extended mount.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:19:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need a FF rail to run that setup. If you shoot NTCH with a DMS you really need a Larue SPR-E or the American Defense Recon X extended mount.
This is a good point, even the PEPR mounts probably won't be far enough forward for NTCH shooting. On the other hand most civilian shooters using an A2 stock aren't going to shoot NTCH unless using iron sights.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My DMS-1 is in a Burris PEPR mount.  SWFA has package deals.  I like the mount.  No QD, but 1/3 the price.

I have the same scope / mount combo and I've been pretty happy with it so far.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:54:07 AM EDT
[#14]

DMS in a PA mount
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:19:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Is that a Mini-14?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:47:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:57:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Is that a Mini-14?

Yes, in a Troy MCS chassis.

< Click for larger picture

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top