Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:24:25 PM EDT
Hey there,

I just slapped on a set of Surefire M73 rails.  I have an Aimpoint mounted in the stock ring on an ARMS #38-ex.  That was my setup prior to the M73 rails i just added.   I was wanting to know what y'all think I should do.  Leave my setup as is?  Go with a new mount and a BUIS?  Or a new mount with the #38-ex?  I'd prefer a lower 1/3 co-witness, but not sure it would be worth spending the extra $$$ to get a new mount and BUIS.  Am I missing something...I have a co-witness in the middle of the Aimpoint now.   Here's a pic of my setup before the rails....still the same, but with rails, M93B, tango down vert grip now.

I Appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Steve
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:01:32 AM EDT
[#1]
It is all a matter of personal opinion. If it works for you keep it. If you want to change it, by all means do it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:12:23 AM EDT
[#2]
if you are thinking about mounting the aimpoint to the surefire rail i would advise not to. the surefire rail is not freefloated and is susceptable to movement.

if you like your set up now with the std ring and arms 38 then leave it. if you want to change the mount go with the larue ras/low mount or the arms aimpoint mount without any spacers.

if you want to change the mount and buis then get the larue tall, cantilever or arms mount with either full or cantilever spacer and which ever buis you prefer after looking through the tacked thread up top with a list of all the different buis'
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top