Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 1:18:40 PM EDT
This is really a two part question.

1.   Will subsonic ammunition have enough pressure to function the action of the AR15 rifle completely?
2.   Where may I find the information to produce (I’m sure someone has done some load testing in this area) the ammunition or can possibly give me some hints in its production?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This is really a two part question.

1.   Will subsonic ammunition have enough pressure to function the action of the AR15 rifle completely?
2.   Where may I find the information to produce (I’m sure someone has done some load testing in this area) the ammunition or can possibly give me some hints in its production?

No it wont cycle the action.

EBC and TTI sell it. They dont give much specs. but goggle those names and see what ya come up with .
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Another member here posted this a while back:

Powder: Accurate Solo 1250
Primer: REM 7 1/2
Bullet: IMI 55 FMJ = use 3.5 grains of powder, OAL 2.230", C.U.P. of 13,500 psi
Bullet: HDY 60 SP = use 4.2 grains of powder, OAL 2.235", C.U.P. of 19,100 psi
Bullet: HDY 75 HPBT = use 4.5 grains of powder, OAL 2.255", C.U.P. of 22,100 psi
Note: all loads within SAAMI specs

DISCLAIMER: Try the above formula at your own risk. I have not tested it and make no guarantees. Also, I believe that you have to add some type of filler to the case in order to avoid a kaboom due to the low powder volume.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#3]
EBC .223 subsonic

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there a website for the EBC or TTI ammo...or how bout a good place to buy it?

EDIT: I found TTI's site but I can't find any info at all on EBC ammo.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#6]
EBC has a good website. Jus type in SUbsonic .223 in your search engine. (im too lazy to do it today, normally I would )

also check the EE, I jus got a killer deal on some EBC .223. right now the goin price is 60bux for 50rds, the price has gone up alot lately.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I found this sight....is it EBR and not EBC? www.ebr-inc.net/LowBandAmmo.asp I can't find an EBC.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I found this sight....is it EBR and not EBC? www.ebr-inc.net/LowBandAmmo.asp I can't find an EBC.

You have the right one, dunno why i keep saying EBC..it is EBR.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Extreme Shock has a subsonic .223 that cycles the action.  It has very limited applications and is very expensive but if you need it there is nothing else to replace it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm actually not the one interested in the ammo its my cousin. He recently bought a suppressor for his AR and he wanted to try some subsonic .223 ammo with it. So basically it really doesn't have to be top of the line expensive stuff just stuff he could plink with.

Are there any set reloading guides to making some subsonic loads...other than the one listed above. The above might work but I want to make sure...and know how to reload it exactly.

thanks.

P.S. Riggles check out these sites www.ttiarmory.com/ Thats the TTI website...thought you might be interested.

Also the EBR site I just posted above.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:39:33 PM EDT
[#11]

+

Much cheaper in the long run and is probably more effective that the "Extreme Scam" type rifle rounds out there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
www.22lrconversions.com/m16-prt.gif

+

www.firearmstactical.com/tacticalbriefs/volume3/number2/images/22LR_Aguila_60gr_SSS.jpg

Much cheaper in the long run and is probably more effective that the "Extreme Scam" type rifle rounds out there.

any more info on that bolt and mag?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.22lrconversions.com/m16-prt.gif

+

www.firearmstactical.com/tacticalbriefs/volume3/number2/images/22LR_Aguila_60gr_SSS.jpg

any more info on that bolt and mag?

Looks like Jonathon Ciener to me. Those can be had for an MSRP of $179 for an AR.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top