Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 8:35:01 AM EST
I did a few searches and could not find an awnser. I know that you cannot mount a bayonet on s 16" carbine barrel, but was wondering if you can mount one on a 16" mid-lenght barrel. The reason I ask is that I am going back to the sand box and my chain of command is allowing me to bring an upper along as long as it is able to mount a bayonet. I would prefer to have a 16" barrel if possible. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:57:19 AM EST
yes, midlengths can mount a bayonet. I'd be sure to get a chromelined one if you are going to the sandbox. Check with some of the vendors on the EE.
Good luck
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:23:46 AM EST
Just for additional confirmation, a standard M7 bayonet went on my middie just fine.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:04:04 PM EST
Yep, they'll fit. I'm in the process of getting parts for one now, but it won't be done for a couple months........spent almost all the money in my "gunfund" this weekend on 2 RRA M4 stocks, 2 RRA LPKs, and a "RESTRICTED CIVILIAN USE ONLY" Superior Arms lower. Next weekend, I'm getting a RRA lower (this is going to be the mid-length)

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:53:22 PM EST
You're on a roll, WIZZO!!

Hell yes!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:14:51 PM EST
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:07:04 PM EST
I'm interested in midlength, too. Besides Armalite and RRA, who makes chrome-lined midlength uppers?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:18:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By redfisher:
You're on a roll, WIZZO!!

Hell yes!

I'm on a roll....till this weekend when my wallet goes empty and I have 2 complete lowers lying around.

Oh well, I have my 2 other AR's to keep me company through the long, lonely nights until I can afford the uppers for both the lowers.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:51:02 PM EST
Hey I just got a Mega lower I'm building and I'm trying to decide between carbine or midlenght. Can you get M4 style handguards in mid lenght? Or are they compleatly differnt critters?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:13:13 PM EST
I have a Cav Arms midlength from DSG ( RustyTX) it is chrome lined and has the large M4 style handguards although they are mid length ( much longer than carbine) The Cav upper is a 1/9 twist and mine did not have a bayo lug but I understand later versions will. You might check www.dsgarms.com and see when they'll get more in. I've ordered 2 uppers from them and they've shipped fast and are very easy to deal with as well as being an arfcom supporting business.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:20:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/14/2005 9:21:04 PM EST by Rkangel777]
Fisty,

Did you pick that Mega up at the ARPC gunshow?

Mr45auto,

How is the quality of the CavArms uppers? I was looking at them on DSG a while back but they seem to be on perpetual backorder.

The more I think about it the more I want midlength.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:47:32 PM EST
The Cav upper is great, I've had no negative issues with mine. One slightly annoying thing is my rear buis is cranked a bit farther left to zero it than I'd like but it shoots straight and accurately. 100% reliability with all ammo tested. It's become my favorite upper and my go-to rifle.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:11:25 AM EST
I believe you can get M-4 style handguards from either cav arms or RRA for a midlength.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:02:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By Rkangel777:
I'm interested in midlength, too. Besides Armalite and RRA, who makes chrome-lined midlength uppers?

CMMG will have a batch of middy barrels ready hopefully this month. You can find them in the Industry forums. I don't know if they'll be selling them as complete uppers though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:20:35 AM EST
I would advise you to mark that upper in such a way that it connot be claimed to be govt property.
Top Top