Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 1:49:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/1/2003 1:49:57 AM EST by NewbieNobody]
I know what the letters mean but is 'CLP' used to refer to any kind of gun cleaner/lube (such as Rem Oil) or is it a specific brand of stuff? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:29:32 AM EST
This is what I use, [url]http://www.break-free.com[/url]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:30:12 AM EST
CLP is what you decide for yourself to work best. There is actually a goverment issue CLP with a Mil-Spec number. I bought some FP-10 and liked what I've seen so far.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:33:51 AM EST
FP-10 (a brand of CLP) is giving out free samples, seems like good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:50:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/1/2003 8:51:04 AM EST by slidestop]
[blue][b] I just got my free sample of FP-10 CLP and let me say it was no eye dropper size sample either. I was kinda expecting one of those tiny .20 oz containers but was surprised when I received a 1 oz bottle with applicator tip.[url=www.fp10.com ] FP-10 [/url] [/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:57:18 AM EST
Originally Posted By slidestop: [blue][b] I just got my free sample of FP-10 CLP and let me say it was no eye dropper size sample either. I was kinda expecting one of those tiny .20 oz containers but was surprised when I received a 1 oz bottle with applicator tip.[url=www.fp10.com ] FP-10 [/url] [/blue][/b]
View Quote
Wasn't that a HOOT>>>I thought I'd get a .20 bottle like MiliTec-1
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:02:31 AM EST
CLP = Clean, Lubricate, Protect. The original CLP was formulated by the original Break-Free company using a Mil-Spec for a product that the Military wanted. The Military wrote the Mil-Spec and Break-Free met the specification. Break-Free lost the contract to the DOD as the main supplier of CLP (remember, DOD "owns" the Mil-Spec, so anyone that could meet the Mil-Spec can make and call it CLP) back in the late 80's. A company called ROYCO is now the primary contractor/supplier of CLP to the DOD. "Break-Free" brand of CLP is still carried in the Military supply system, if you want to order it you have to do it by name and not by NSN. I think that Rem Oil is Royco CLP that is relabed as such. The three main contractors for CLP to the military are: VELSICOL CHEMICAL CORP BREAK-FREE ROYAL LUBRICANTS INC (Royco) There may be others that make a Mil-Spec CLP for the Military, but they are not listed as being a supplier by the DOD. ROYAL LUBRICANTS INC Go to this webpage for your free sample of FP-10: [url]http://www.fp10.com/[/url]
Top Top