Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2004 12:10:57 PM EDT
I want to get a left-handed tactical charging handle for my RRA as well as an ambi safety.

Does anyone know who has the best price on these?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#1]
For the ambi safety, check the dealers who advertise on the EE. In any event, the cheapest is only going to be a couple of bucks less than the most expensive. After all, it's not that expensive a part to begin with.

Have no info on the charging handle but I do know, from posts on this site, that the release lever on those things are steel, and at least a few guys have had that steel piece wear thru the latch retaining shoulder on their uppers, so that the assembly wouldn't stay latched any more
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
For the ambi safety, check the dealers who advertise on the EE. In any event, the cheapest is only going to be a couple of bucks less than the most expensive. After all, it's not that expensive a part to begin with.

Have no info on the charging handle but I do know, from posts on this site, that the release lever on those things are steel, and at least a few guys have had that steel piece wear thru the latch retaining shoulder on their uppers, so that the assembly wouldn't stay latched any more

Thanks for the info...
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]
A left hand AR is made...if I kind find the link I will post it.

MT
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#4]
stag arms makes one now.  Looks decent and it the quality is anything like their lowers, I will be getting one.  Us lefties (shooter only) have to stick together.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#7]
The only thing that I have found I really need is an ambi mag catch, and that’s only in high power service rifle matches. The ambi safety switch might be OK too, but I have been shooting arfs left handed for quite a while now and have never found that I needed one. Over time I guess I have just gotten adapted to the weapon the way it is and net seen any reason to be changing things around.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a die-hard lefty and have had at least 1 AR for the last 11 years...  All I have ever "needed" is the ambi (actually reversible - from Olympic Arms) safety and an ambi-catch.  I didn't like the "ambi" safety because the "left" side safety is under my fat trigger finger when I fire, and it's just annoying.  The Oly Arms model has the safety groove in both sides, so you can use it from either side (why didn't the Army think of that?)

If I had to choose only one, I'd still "need" the safety moreso than the ambi-catch, but since I don't have to choose, I sure as heck won't be selling my ambi-catch.  That's one thing you'll notice... you never see an Ambi catch on the EE for sale used...  That's a pretty good sign that either NOBODY is buying them, or EVERYONE who buys one keeps it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm a die-hard lefty and have had at least 1 AR for the last 11 years...  All I have ever "needed" is the ambi (actually reversible - from Olympic Arms) safety and an ambi-catch.  I didn't like the "ambi" safety because the "left" side safety is under my fat trigger finger when I fire, and it's just annoying.  The Oly Arms model has the safety groove in both sides, so you can use it from either side (why didn't the Army think of that?)

If I had to choose only one, I'd still "need" the safety moreso than the ambi-catch, but since I don't have to choose, I sure as heck won't be selling my ambi-catch.  That's one thing you'll notice... you never see an Ambi catch on the EE for sale used...  That's a pretty good sign that either NOBODY is buying them, or EVERYONE who buys one keeps it.

YEP! got 4 myself!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top