Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2003 9:57:20 PM EDT
I bought a Rock River Tac Entry recently, which I feel is a very nice rifle. This past week I decided to switch the stock. The stubby just didn't work with my long arms. So I got standard AR bufffer tube and an Ace stock. My question is this. Since I switched from the short CAR length buffer tube used by the stubby stock to the longer A-2 tube required to install the Ace stock, should I use the heavier buffer spring like the rifle uses or do I retain the spongier carbine spring that came with the stubby system? The heavier spring seems to make sense to me because of the added length but I figured I should get some opinions on the matter. Any help would be appreciated a lot.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:46:55 AM EDT
You use the A2 spring that came with the A2 buffer tube, along with the buffer.  Unless you like spending more time fixing malfunctions at the line then actually shooting your AR. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top