Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 11:14:10 PM EDT
I saw the whole "building" a lower thread, but what about stripping one? I think I can reverse engineer everything except for the front pivot pin. That one has me stumped. How do you depress the detent and get that puppy out?

*I do not have a lower in front of me, I am arming myself with knowledge for when I do hopefully very soon.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a little hole in the pivot pin.  Use something small enough to fit in it to push the detent down and then slide the pin out.  Keep your hand over the detent so it doesn't fly out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Pull the pivot pin out about half way, and then use something thin and strong to push the detent pin down, then pull out the PP. Probably going to be a trial and error process.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:12:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There's a little hole in the pivot pin.  Use something small enough to fit in it to push the detent down and then slide the pin out.  Keep your hand over the detent so it doesn't fly out.

Okay, makes sense. Thanks! (I will probably perform this operation in my hall closet with a light on so that I don't have any trouble finding the multiple things I am sure to launch.)
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, makes sense. Thanks! (I will probably perform this operation in my hall closet with a light on so that I don't have any trouble finding the multiple things I am sure to launch.)

Perform the process in a plastic bread bag. That way you can seed what you're doing and capture a flyer.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perform the process in a plastic bread bag. That way you can seed what you're doing and capture a flyer.

Any reason I cant trans-plant one LPK from one lower to another without having to buy any new parts? As far as roll-pins, I am pretty good with them. I have used the same roll-pin about 5 times in one of my FSB's and it looks new.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any reason I cant trans-plant one LPK from one lower to another without having to buy any new parts? As far as roll-pins, I am pretty good with them. I have used the same roll-pin about 5 times in one of my FSB's and it looks new.

No problem of which I'm aware. What's good for one should be good for another.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem of which I'm aware. What's good for one should be good for another.

Sabre LPK into a LaRue tactical lower.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top