Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 12/25/2003 3:58:53 PM EDT
I have used stripper clips with my AK mags and think they work great.  I had a few 5.56 stripper clips and find they work well also.  I was going to buy some at Wu's, but I want to know what your experience has been with the LULA.  I did search but came up empty.  

Link Posted: 12/25/2003 4:28:52 PM EDT
I have one for both my AR and AK.  They are the cats ass.  

I also used strippers and once I got a LULA for my AR, I never want to use strippers again.

Get one, try it, it's well worth it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 4:29:21 PM EDT
I don't know how you came up empty on a search...  Lots of them out there.

LULA is great.  I don't have one for the AK yet, but I like the AR one a lot better than stripper clips.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 5:01:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Shadowblade:
I don't know how you came up empty on a search...  Lots of them out there.

LULA is great.  I don't have one for the AK yet, but I like the AR one a lot better than stripper clips.
View Quote

Clarification:  I did a search on this forum to see if there were any recent [b]discussions[/b] about the LULA.  There is usually the token response about 'doing a search first'.  I realize that finding LULA's for sale is like falling out of bed.[:D]

Thanks for your input guys.  

Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:27:16 AM EDT
Tried a LULA once, never used a stripper again.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:13:18 AM EDT
For range outings, the LULA rules as you just dump out the ammo and fill away.  With strippers, you have to first fill the strippers, then load the mags, changing the stripper 3 times.  

I like to keep some "rainy day" ammo stored on strippers, but for general usage I prefer the LULA.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 11:24:02 AM EDT
These are [b]clips[/b], guys, and have been since the M1903.  Strippers are at the place by the truck stop out on the highway.  Stripper clips is an unneeded redundancy used by the French who don't know any better.  [;)]

Clip loading magazines remains the fastest, most effective way.  But the ammo has to already be clipped for it to work well.  US military ammo comes on clips in bandoleers for combat zones.  (Boxed ammo is common for ranges as it's cheaper.)  You can't LULA a mag as fast as I can put three clips into it.

To go thru two steps, clip your ammo, then load it into magazines, isn't effective and LULU shines here.  You can sit in front of the TV and fill 30 magazines with little effort.

Full magazines are better than LULU or ammo on clips.  Fill 'em all.  Once they're all full clip the rest of the ammo.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:15:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2003 12:16:25 PM EDT by Troy]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:20:44 PM EDT
I guess I should have stuck with the general ARFCOM rule:  Get both.[:D]  I see now that they both have their appropriate uses.  Thank you again for all the input.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:44:36 PM EDT
LULA for me please.

I have tender fingers. [:I]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:40:36 PM EDT
For loading mags for storage or for trips to the range, or while at the range - LULA.

For out-of-mag SHTF storage and rapid reloads if someone was shooting at me - stripper clips.

Incidentally, I got the LULA for AK mags and it's as good as the AR model.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:22:40 PM EDT
Not to sound too dumb but using a striper with guide don't you just push the bullets down leaving the clip up?  Sorry new to this...[50]
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:41:11 AM EDT
Yes, that is exactly how they work.  This is the reason they are the fastest way to reload a magazine.  Unfortunately, as has been pointed out, you first have to take the loose ammo and load them onto the clips.  This takes time.

Where the LULA shines is loading mags directly from loose rounds.

I have also done the same as Chuck.  Used the LULA with a case of XM193 to fill all my SHTF mags, then put another case on stripper clips.  I have 1K rounds ready to go in two ammo cans should the need arise.  Periodically, I buy a few more cases and cycle the ammo.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 9:28:57 PM EDT
I used to use strippers.  

Now I use the LULA.  It's simply the best thing since sliced bread.  I will soon have one for my AK as well.  

I still have strippers though, and I will keep at least five to six hundred rounds on them incase SHTF, but when I go to the range, I just toss in the boxes, and the LULA, and my ammo situation is covered.

Tex78
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 12:28:43 AM EDT
The LULA rules.  If I had the money, I would like to buy the mass mag table top loader they make (but it's like $300 or something).  I occasionally like strippers, especially in an SKS, or when I am having a drink and they entertain me for a dollar at a time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 2:58:18 AM EDT
they need the goddamn lula loader for the m14 mags :(
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:12:05 AM EDT
I also have a LULA for my AR mags and works great.  Used to use stripper clips but not since I got the LULA.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:25:16 AM EDT
Joozy --

Let me know if you find one!  Loading M14 mags now seems tedious and clip loading really requires arsenal packed ammo in cardboard and bandoleers.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:28:12 AM EDT
Lula's and strippers have their purpose.

Lula's are great for loose ammo, I have one for my AR and am looking to get one for my AK.

Stippers are great for rapid reload. I have several cases of ammo on strippers for several differnt calibers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:53:27 PM EDT
I like the stripper clips. When I have spare time, I dump out a bunch of ammo and load them up when I'm at home. I have an ammo box with AK and AR ammo always ready for the range on stripper clips. That way, I can fondle my ammo when I'm at home and have an excuse for it. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:57:37 PM EDT
I got used to clips on an Enfield, AR clips (and SKS clips!) are heaven.  I think the spoon adapter is a weak point though, and the plastic adapters look a little too junky to do the job right.

I used clips with my AR for two or three range outings.  The mags loaded like a charm, and I went through too damn much ammo.. Got too expensive, so now I just bring the li'l boxes.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:13:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By WinstonSmith

I used clips with my AR for two or three range outings. The mags loaded like a charm, and I went through too damn much ammo.. Got too expensive, so now I just bring the li'l boxes.
View Quote

I must be confused...

I thought burning too damn much ammo was the point of going to the range! [;D]
[50][uzi][rail][heavy][50][heavy][rocket][sni­per][uzi]

Tex78
Top Top