Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2017 6:03:14 PM EDT
Does any company make a lower in the old retro colt XM grey color that is in stock?

I'm well aware of NDS but it does not need to be a retro a1 lower and I don't want to wait 6 months for this kind of build I'm trying to do.

It also has to be a stripped lower as I'm building a pistol.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Besides Nodak, Mckay Enterprises is the only other vendor who sells stripped lowers anodized in XM Grey, and i was not impressed at all by the Mckay lower i bought a year ago.  The other option is to send a normal lower off for anodizing at US Anodizing, and there is a forum member here who started doing some, sorry i can't remember who it is that was doing this.  Or you can go with the painting option.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:13:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Our member HKiller's SAI Arms does grey anodizing
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out R Guns. They have gray A2 lowers as well.

https://rguns.net/shop/r-guns-forged-lower-5-56x45mm-grey/
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#5]
If all else fails, buy a black lower and get some Moly Resin.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have a few gray anodized NDS-16A2 lower receivers in stock. These are cosmetic BLEM grade, with very minor scattered uneven gray spots in the anodizing. Call us at (952) 942-1909 for more details or to place an order.
Thanks.

Harlan
NoDak Spud LLC

8/23/2017 Update
All available gray anodized NDS-16A2 lower receivers were sold today. We have a small batch coming back from anodizing in about ten days.
Thanks.

Harlan
View Quote
Thanks for the reply. I'll give you guys a call then sometime next week.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top