Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2004 9:18:28 AM EDT
I am going to purchase a stripped RRA lower receiver and could use a little advice from those that have assembled a few.

I have ordered the trigger group I intend to use, I also have the pistol grip and butt stock already and have removed and installed these three parts many times, so I am comfortable working with them.

First off recommendations on where to buy and what to buy regarding: pins and pin retainers, magazine catch/release, bolt catch?

Looking at the two lower receivers I own now, the bolt catch is held in place by a roll pin, are all held in place by a roll pin and if so are they always the same size?

How to install the spring loaded pin retainers?

Thanks for reading!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy a lower parts kit, infact buy 2.

I like Bushmaster parts and order from them all the time, but Armalite or DPMS have kits too. (stay away from "junk" lower kit parts, and as for 2 kits, Ya never know when that buffer retaining pin is gonna launch off into the nether regions and spare parts are awfully hard to come by the "Day After")

Ever lower I own has a "pinned" bolt release. Yes all the same size....

Up top is a button called "INFORMATION", instructions, manuals, articles and other how too things are there.......

Mike
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:31:49 AM EDT
[#2]
here is the link to the lower assembly page:  
www.ar15.com/content/guides/assembly/lower/
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks much for the information gents!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top