Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/8/2004 8:18:28 AM EST
I am going to purchase a stripped RRA lower receiver and could use a little advice from those that have assembled a few.

I have ordered the trigger group I intend to use, I also have the pistol grip and butt stock already and have removed and installed these three parts many times, so I am comfortable working with them.

First off recommendations on where to buy and what to buy regarding: pins and pin retainers, magazine catch/release, bolt catch?

Looking at the two lower receivers I own now, the bolt catch is held in place by a roll pin, are all held in place by a roll pin and if so are they always the same size?

How to install the spring loaded pin retainers?

Thanks for reading!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:28:12 AM EST
Buy a lower parts kit, infact buy 2.

I like Bushmaster parts and order from them all the time, but Armalite or DPMS have kits too. (stay away from "junk" lower kit parts, and as for 2 kits, Ya never know when that buffer retaining pin is gonna launch off into the nether regions and spare parts are awfully hard to come by the "Day After")

Ever lower I own has a "pinned" bolt release. Yes all the same size....

Up top is a button called "INFORMATION", instructions, manuals, articles and other how too things are there.......

Mike
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:31:49 AM EST
here is the link to the lower assembly page:
www.ar15.com/content/guides/assembly/lower/
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:38:34 AM EST
thanks much for the information gents!
Top Top