Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 2:32:59 PM EST
I am about to start building a new AR15. I plan to buy the stripped lower within the next few weeks. I want a forged lower and a name brand. That narrows it to Bushmaster, Eagle Arms or RRA. I have eliminated RRA from my list. A buddy of mine bought one and said that part of the lower was not to spec and he had a hell of a time getting the upper on there. I know Bushy is very good, but pricey. Eagle Arms is about $25 - 30 cheaper. Is there any difference between the two? I plan to put a Bushy upper on it either way. Will this cause problems if I use an EA lower? I'd like to save the money and go with the EA, but not if it is going to lead to headaches later. Also, will a Bushy lower parts kit go in an EA lower without any additional problems? Thanks for the advice.

BTW, I know there are a lot of RRA fans on the list. I am not degrading RRA. As a personal choice, I do not plan to use them. Please don't turn this into a debate over that. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:35:51 PM EST
Either lower should suit you fine, parts kits are interchangeable..... if $$$ is an issue, go with Eagle.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:36:42 PM EST
First, welcome frogger!

2 E.A. builds under my belt here with zero problems.

No Bushy lower builds, yet.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:28:09 AM EST
Shameless bump to the top.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:02:57 AM EST

I'm going to recommend the Bushmaster lower... the Eagle Arms lowers were quite good and a good value back in the day, I've purchased 'a bunch' of them ... but the last Eagle lowers I purchased had some major issues. To ArmaLite's credit, they did replace the lowers, too bad they didn't bother doing a QC check on the replacements... I ended up trading the replacement lowers at a loss for some Q3131a... YMMV...

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:01:45 PM EST
Another shameless bump to the top. Sorry, but the gun show is Sunday and I have to make a decision.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:03:36 PM EST
Between the two... Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:16:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/24/2004 7:19:45 PM EST by Capro]
I wouldn't be so quick to rule out RRA. Yes they are tight, but that is a good thing.

You might also want to consider MEGA lowers, listed here on the equipment exchange. I know you're probably thinking "MEGA? what kind of cheap stuff is that!? never heard of it!" That's what I thought when I first read the thread when it was on page 4, but now I have 2 of 'em and couldn't be happier. IMO their fit and finish is top notch, distinctly better than RRA and Bushmaster.
EDIT: Or just take a look at this post, which I just happened to see directly below yours in this very forum.

But between what you've predetermined as your only options... Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:49:00 PM EST
Built RRA, Bushy, and Eagle. My favorite was the RRA. Looking for another right now. My eagle was a little on the loose side.

Between your 2, Bushy.
Top Top