Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/23/2006 9:50:46 AM EDT
Hello, All,

I purchased a Strion and while I think it is a great light, I believe it lacks in the grip department. Where can I obtain a "sleeve", rubberized or other that would fit over the flashlight tube to enhance grip and girth as well. I am not really interested in increasing girth mor than 1/8" but I do want something that will substantially improve grip, especially when wet...

Thanks A Bunch
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:59:47 PM EDT
Radiator/coolant/heater hose. It's a bit thick, but it works. A drop of superglue between the hose and body will hold it in place if the friction coefficient isn't enough.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:47:42 PM EDT
Hey thanks a lot for the reply, Iwill check that out, as long as it thickens the tube no thicker than the head, I'll use it...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:57:06 PM EDT
I have also had success using a bicycle inner tube. I have done this with my streamlight sl-20. I would guess that you could get a road tire inner tube and cut it to the correct size.
Top Top