Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/10/2003 10:31:31 AM EDT
I'd like anyone with an M-3 to share experiences, good or bad, they've had with these.  Ones on its way, plan to use it on my Glock 22 duty gun and plan to get a GG&G UFIR rail for my Bushmaster so the light can do double duty.

I guess the main questions are: Any problems keeping the light on the rails during firing?  Any problems with damage to light after/during firing many (100-500) rounds at a time?  What kind of life are you getting out of bulbs and batteries?

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got one and have had no problems. It's survived being mounted on an M4 and MP5. I've got a friend who carries the G22/M3 light combo as his daily duty set up and he's on his second M3. The first one began flickering out during firing strings. I don't think he would have bought a second light to replace the malfunctioning one, it was removed from his M4 when he went with the Surefire rail light.

He and I both are eagerly awaiting the new Surefire light.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 11:25:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got one mounted on an M16 with a 10.5" upper.  I've run at least 2000 full auto rounds through it with the M3 and it has never flickered once.  The battery life on the thing has impressed me as well; I thought I'd have had to change the batt long ago, but the thing keeps on going...
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top