Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2004 9:10:52 PM EDT
I have some post ban lowers.....can I now build them as pre-ban?  I know.......but after 10 years of this it is gonna take a bit to recover.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Not only can you, but if you don't, I will have you banned
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not only can you, but if you don't, I will have you banned

You can build them any way you want!  So as long as it says a semi auto!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Please humor me...I'm a newbie

What is the difference between a pre-ban lower and a post- ban (or no-ban) lower?

I've got a Bushy "post-ban". What's to re-build???
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:17:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Please humor me...I'm a newbie

What is the difference between a pre-ban lower and a post- ban (or no-ban) lower?

I've got a Bushy "post-ban". What's to re-build???

You can't be serious.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I'm drunk...but serious. If by saying post ban lowers you mean a collapsible stock, then
I understand. Otherwise, I'm confused.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#6]
As of right now there is no difference between pre-ban and post-ban lowers since the assault weapons ban has just expired.  In the past (yesterday) a gun was considered pre-ban if it was manufactured before Sept. 13 1994.  Pre-ban guns were allowed have such goodies as threaded barrels, bayonet lugs, flash hiders, collapsable stocks, etc.  Since that law has now expired everything is basically all "pre-ban" now so there isn't really a difference.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:42:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Plain and simple, there is no ban.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:47:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
As of right now there is no difference between pre-ban and post-ban lowers since the assault weapons ban has just expired.  In the past (yesterday) a gun was considered pre-ban if it was manufactured before Sept. 13 1994.  Pre-ban guns were allowed have such goodies as threaded barrels, bayonet lugs, flash hiders, collapsable stocks, etc.  Since that law has now expired everything is basically all "pre-ban" now so there isn't really a difference.

Thanks! That's what I thought, but I'm still confused. Soooo, why in hell would I rebuild my "post
ban" lower? The topic question is, rebuilding "post-ban" lowers as "pre-ban". hat
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#9]
What is this "pre-ban" "post-ban" thing I keep hearing about?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Ban, what ban?

I'm still looking for that thread about a necromincer, that's the only reason I'm here.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:50:22 AM EDT
[#11]
flush...assuming you have a "during ban" rifle...i will also assume that it is "neutered"...meaning that your rifle does NOT have a flash hider, a collapsible stock, or a bayonet lug...

if you would like to have those features on your rifle....you are now allowed to...as of today.

So order a collapsible stock and a flash hider....have your local gunsmith thread the muzzle of your barrel ...so you can install the flash hider...then put the collapsible stock on your gun...and be happy.

its a small victory...but significant nonetheless.

cheers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the feeedback, as I said after ten years......glad to see it gone.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
flush...assuming you have a "during ban" rifle...i will also assume that it is "neutered"...meaning that your rifle does NOT have a flash hider, a collapsible stock, or a bayonet lug...

if you would like to have those features on your rifle....you are now allowed to...as of today.

So order a collapsible stock and a flash hider....have your local gunsmith thread the muzzle of your barrel ...so you can install the flash hider...then put the collapsible stock on your gun...and be happy.

its a small victory...but significant nonetheless.

cheers.

Thanks all for the info. I was just making sure I wasn't missing out on more evil features to

put on my rifle. I will do my best to make ARFCOM members proud by making these

changes asap.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Flushdraw,

I think I know what you are asking.  There is no physical difference between (what used to be called) a "pre-ban" lower and a "post-ban" stripped lower.  They are identical.  So you are not missing out on anything by having a lower that was made during the AWB, it's identical to one made before the ban or after the ban (now).  

Gundraw
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks Gundraw. That's exactly what I was asking.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Now that we don't have to worry about pre-ban/post-ban parts combos, where is a good place to buy a lower so I can build my own collapsible stock shorty. I never considered this before because of the crap involved but with the sunset of the so-called "ban" I am anxious to do this before some dipshit in Congress decides I shouldn't. I am guessing that I will have to do the FFL/From 4473 thing on the lower and the rest I am free to buy as I please.
Finnbear
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:39:10 PM EDT
[#17]
www.ameetecarms.com         Excellent!

www.rockriverarms.com        Excellent!

www.bushmaster.com       (pricey)  but still      Excellent!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top