Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/12/2004 8:10:52 PM EST
I have some post ban lowers.....can I now build them as pre-ban? I know.......but after 10 years of this it is gonna take a bit to recover.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:16:51 PM EST
Not only can you, but if you don't, I will have you banned
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:07:13 PM EST

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
Not only can you, but if you don't, I will have you banned

You can build them any way you want! So as long as it says a semi auto!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:07:15 PM EST
Please humor me...I'm a newbie

What is the difference between a pre-ban lower and a post- ban (or no-ban) lower?

I've got a Bushy "post-ban". What's to re-build???
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:17:24 PM EST

Please humor me...I'm a newbie

What is the difference between a pre-ban lower and a post- ban (or no-ban) lower?

I've got a Bushy "post-ban". What's to re-build???

You can't be serious.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:29:36 PM EST
Well, I'm drunk...but serious. If by saying post ban lowers you mean a collapsible stock, then
I understand. Otherwise, I'm confused.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:32:27 PM EST
As of right now there is no difference between pre-ban and post-ban lowers since the assault weapons ban has just expired. In the past (yesterday) a gun was considered pre-ban if it was manufactured before Sept. 13 1994. Pre-ban guns were allowed have such goodies as threaded barrels, bayonet lugs, flash hiders, collapsable stocks, etc. Since that law has now expired everything is basically all "pre-ban" now so there isn't really a difference.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:42:15 PM EST
Plain and simple, there is no ban.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:47:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By the-jessman:
As of right now there is no difference between pre-ban and post-ban lowers since the assault weapons ban has just expired. In the past (yesterday) a gun was considered pre-ban if it was manufactured before Sept. 13 1994. Pre-ban guns were allowed have such goodies as threaded barrels, bayonet lugs, flash hiders, collapsable stocks, etc. Since that law has now expired everything is basically all "pre-ban" now so there isn't really a difference.

Thanks! That's what I thought, but I'm still confused. Soooo, why in hell would I rebuild my "post
ban" lower? The topic question is, rebuilding "post-ban" lowers as "pre-ban". hat
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:47:58 PM EST
What is this "pre-ban" "post-ban" thing I keep hearing about?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:08:30 PM EST
Ban, what ban?

I'm still looking for that thread about a necromincer, that's the only reason I'm here.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:50:22 AM EST
flush...assuming you have a "during ban" rifle...i will also assume that it is "neutered"...meaning that your rifle does NOT have a flash hider, a collapsible stock, or a bayonet lug...

if you would like to have those features on your rifle....you are now allowed to...as of today.

So order a collapsible stock and a flash hider....have your local gunsmith thread the muzzle of your barrel ...so you can install the flash hider...then put the collapsible stock on your gun...and be happy.

its a small victory...but significant nonetheless.

cheers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:05:29 AM EST
Thanks for the feeedback, as I said after ten years......glad to see it gone.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:11:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By ARin:
flush...assuming you have a "during ban" rifle...i will also assume that it is "neutered"...meaning that your rifle does NOT have a flash hider, a collapsible stock, or a bayonet lug...

if you would like to have those features on your rifle....you are now allowed to...as of today.

So order a collapsible stock and a flash hider....have your local gunsmith thread the muzzle of your barrel ...so you can install the flash hider...then put the collapsible stock on your gun...and be happy.

its a small victory...but significant nonetheless.

cheers.

Thanks all for the info. I was just making sure I wasn't missing out on more evil features to

put on my rifle. I will do my best to make ARFCOM members proud by making these

changes asap.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:53:11 PM EST
Flushdraw,

I think I know what you are asking. There is no physical difference between (what used to be called) a "pre-ban" lower and a "post-ban" stripped lower. They are identical. So you are not missing out on anything by having a lower that was made during the AWB, it's identical to one made before the ban or after the ban (now).

Gundraw
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:50:40 PM EST
Thanks Gundraw. That's exactly what I was asking.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:19:38 AM EST
Now that we don't have to worry about pre-ban/post-ban parts combos, where is a good place to buy a lower so I can build my own collapsible stock shorty. I never considered this before because of the crap involved but with the sunset of the so-called "ban" I am anxious to do this before some dipshit in Congress decides I shouldn't. I am guessing that I will have to do the FFL/From 4473 thing on the lower and the rest I am free to buy as I please.
Finnbear
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:39:10 PM EST
www.ameetecarms.com Excellent!

www.rockriverarms.com Excellent!

www.bushmaster.com (pricey) but still Excellent!
Top Top