Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2011 12:44:16 PM EDT
I currently own the basic Magpul MOE and I like it. But I'm looking for something a little upgraded for a new BCM SBR build, Does anyone have experience with the Magpul ACS and/or the Vltor Imod? The Magpul looks to be a good bit lighter.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like the ACS but would never choose it over the Imod...

Go with the Imod and don't look back.  You wont regret it...
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Not a SBR, my carbine have a 16" barrel shown with my Vltor IMOD stock

The IMOD is actually lighter which are less than 9.4 oz (stock and rubber buttpad only) while the ACS is heavier at 14.2 oz (stock and buttpad only) these weights are from their manufacturers sites.

So I'm recommending the IMOD which is lighter for a SBR so it won't be too rear heavy, if you have facial hair maybe get the ACS so your whiskers won't get grabbed by the IMOD stock (YMMV).

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I love the ACS, but then again, I have a beard and the Vltor would absolutely rape my face.

The extra weight is nice with a barrel ~12.5-16", balance is the key.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I will also be running a can more often than not so perhaps the slightly heavier ACS would be a better fit?  And for the record, I've never read about facial hair being a determining factor for anything on here! LOL
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I love my ACS on my 10.5" SBR.  I also have a beard and my buddies VLTOR stock is not nice to me.  My SBR now has a AAC Blackout muzzle brake and M4-2000.  The balance is great with the can attached.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I love the ACS, but then again, I have a beard and the Vltor would absolutely rape my face.

i have no idea what your talking about. i have the emod on my M4 and sometimes have a beard and when i do it doesnt snag at all
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

you have no idea what your talking about. i have the emod on my M4 and sometimes have a beard and when i do it doesnt snag at all

Like most things in the AR world it's personal preference.

He says the Vltor stocks catch his beard which they are known to do so not sure why you would say he doesn't know what he is talking about...If he says it catches his beard I would tend to believe him.

You might just be lucky or he just has a mountain man beard...I don't have any issues with the Vltor stocks catching my facial hair, but then again I am usually clean shaven.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you have no idea what your talking about. i have the emod on my M4 and sometimes have a beard and when i do it doesnt snag at all

Like most things in the AR world it's personal preference.

He says the Vltor stocks catch his beard which they are known to do so not sure why you would say he doesn't know what he is talking about...If he says it catches his beard I would tend to believe him.

You might just be lucky or he just has a mountain man beard...I don't have any issues with the Vltor stocks catching my facial hair, but then again I am usually clean shaven.

i edited it to be a little nicer
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:34:30 PM EDT
[#9]
get a sopmod and be done with it.

you wont want anything else after that.

IMO
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:39:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

IMO

I agree. My wallet hates me for it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMO

I agree. My wallet hates me for it.

yeah, mine too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:08:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I have an ACS on my SBR and love it.  It's a 10.5 noveske with a pig on the front, so the little extra weight balances it out quite well.  The Vltor is also a nice stock though, so it really just comes down to personal preference.  I also considered the SOPMOD, but just couldn't justify spending the extra cash.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:45:28 AM EDT
[#13]
I prefer the CTR or SOPMOD on my SBRs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top