Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 6:52:40 AM EDT
I am sure this has been covered before but I can't seem to find it anywhere.  Is it possible / feasible to try and convert my fixed position RRA M4 stock to collapsible?  Is there any information regarding that here?

Thanks
Mike
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#1]
You will need a new buffer tube and the latch hardware for the stock.  I got the parts from bushmaster and I already had the buffer tube.  I think the four parts for the latch was about $17 with shipping.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am sure this has been covered before but I can't seem to find it anywhere.  Is it possible / feasible to try and convert my fixed position RRA M4 stock to collapsible?  Is there any information regarding that here?

Thanks
Mike

Possible, maybe. You might be better off buying an actual collapsable stock, and then selling your fixed position one in the EE for a couple dollars. You may end up spending more money trying to convert it, rather than just replace it.

ETA: Many of our dealers sell these as complete items, i.e. buffer tube, stock, buffer, for around $60.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top