Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2004 7:24:47 AM EDT
Why should I buy Rock River 6 position stock for 70 bucks instead of a 30 buck 4 position? I'm more worried about quality differences than how many poitions. I had one way back and it was either extended or collapsed. It was a cheaper one but seemed ok. I wouldn't use my weapon to beat down a door....
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:59:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Who makes the $30.00 stock? Is it chineese?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:05:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, the $30 old style CAR stocks are chinese.  The in itself is not necessarily a problem, as many users here have bought them and not reported mass problems.  I, however, was given one... and it crapped out on me.  The tub at the threads was so weak it collapsed when I tightened the CAR nut.  Total junk IMHO.

You can get a RRA old style CAR stock new for about $45.... spend a little more, get better known quality.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I shoot in the summer, (T-shirt), fall, (heavy sweat shirt or light jacket), winter, (heavy Jacket and shirt.)

My point.................I found the six posistion a lot better for proper lop in different attire.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#4]
GOOD POINT....
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top