Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/21/2006 4:12:04 PM EDT
Hello All,

I'm still looking for a Colt M16A1 upper receiver ( no barrel, just receiver ) . I found one at cdnnsports.com thanks to a board member, but it is a complete upper w/out the bolt carrier and it almost $380.00 shipped. I think I would just like to pick up the receiver now and get a barrel at a later date. Does anyone have any idea where I could find a Colt M16A1 upper receiver, in New or Like New conditon ? I would be greatful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:13:08 PM EDT
Post a wanted to buy ad in the EE..easist way to get the word out..
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:20:45 PM EDT
You might also want to call L.D. McPherson at S.E. Military Parts over in Alabama:

(251) 649-9990. I've bought a couple of milsurp uppers from him, at shows, in the last couple of years, and he always seems to have a few on display on his table.

You may have a bit of a time reaching him, since he's running a one man shop, but his prices are fair, and he's totally to be relied upon.

His web site is www.usgunparts.com but you won't find any uppers specifically listed, since he gets them one or two at a time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:24:28 PM EDT
If you don’t mind the added feature of a brass deflector Bushmaster has the A1/C7 style uppers, I used one for my CAR retro build.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:00:58 PM EDT
DPMS also.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:05:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By QUIB:
If you don’t mind the added feature of a brass deflector Bushmaster has the A1/C7 style uppers, I used one for my CAR retro build.

I looked at the busy A1 upper and even though it looks good, I'm trying to keep my clone as close to the original Colt M16A1 w/out the case deflector as possible. Thanks alot though for the info.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:38:10 PM EDT
I got mine off the EE, after watching constantly for about 3 weeks. You just have to keep watching.
Have you tried CDNN?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:24:44 AM EDT
Just get the upper from CDNN. They are very nice for government surplus. Just a bitch to clean the dried up cosmoline off it when you first get it. You won't be dissapointed and you won't save any money in the long run by buying separate (if you want new Colt parts it will proabably cost alot more than $369 and finding those parts are not easy). It's actually a good price for a new Colt upper and its a genuine Colt M16-A1 upper with the proper 1:12 twist rate. Spend your searching time wisely and find a nice A1 lower. Finding the right lower should be the hard part and needlessly worrying about the upper when you have a very nice option from CDNN is foolish in my opinion. Remember though, the lower must be preban if you are in NY.
Top Top