Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/21/2016 10:19:34 AM EDT
Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience with the Steiner Nighthunter Xtreme series? To be frank, for the $2,500 MSRP it would be Zeiss Victory all day long but EuroOptic is selling them for about $1,400. That might tell me all I need to know (i.e., no one is buying them) but not necessarily. I can't find any reviews of these things and even for $1,400 I can get a Zeiss Conquest DL that I already know is terrific.

Specific questions:
Clear glass and Low light clarity (Zeiss is my shangri-la for this, currently. I have no experience with Steiner)
Crisp controls-- I have zero patience for expensive scopes with mushy turrets are clunky illumination controls.
Magnification dial that moves with reasonable force-- I should not feel like I'm breaking the scope to do it, even when cold.
Form factor ("Reasonable" length and weight. For example, the Vortex Razor looks great but weighs a ton)

Any thoughts on the Steiner for the price would be appreciated.

Thanks!
-Stooxie
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top