Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/25/2005 2:29:25 PM EDT
In haste I bought 10 steel 30 rounders from Midway for like $10.99 ea hope this wasn't something I will regret, The reviews say they are excellent, suppose to be Tawian made Military type, say's it will fit anything that uses a AR-15 type Mag...................

If these were reviewed here I missed it.......
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#1]
You did alright; however, it is wise to ask if they are decent mags before buying them and then asking.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#2]
check the mag catch hole for right height, I had to trash to bodies because the holes were to low causing the mag to sit to high in the mag well. They would not seat with the bolt forward. All in all though I really like the 20 I use, no problems at all.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw the add, they didnt have green followers.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Many of the "ENGLAND" marked mags have black followers that are the same as the green ones, supposedly.  I have several and they perform flawlessley.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#5]
The Taiwan and Brit mags usually have to have a little needle filing done in the mag catch hole on the side toward the feed lips 'cause they ride a little high and can be tough to seat with the bolt forward and can drag on the bolt.  

10 minutes with a needle file and they are 100% and if aluminum mags are durable, these steel ones will be more so.  Get some, use them.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top