Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2017 11:13:05 PM EDT
I'm wondering how the Industy as a whole, is at this point in time?  I think it is unquestionable that the bubble has burst, but I'm wonder how over built things were?  

Im a Larue fan.  Marketing hype aside, thy put out a decent product.  I've noticed over the past year or so that they seem to be jumping from one 'special offer' to the next. It's hard to say if they are just changing their business model to make up for decreasing interest in large frame ARs, or if it's a strategy to generate cash flow in a down market.

On the other side, quite a few of the roll your own brands seem to be perpetually out of stock of barrels, stripped lowers and uppers.  Is this due to to a run on parts, or is it a shake out taking place in the component manufacturers impacting some of the retailers that do not make their own products?

Ive noted the results of the publicly traded companies and there is a definite trend and it's not up.

Thoughts?  
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:23:17 AM EDT
[#1]
LaRue barrels were always overpriced. I was thinking they either finally recovered enough R&D money, or just realized their market position.

When they were priced with the custom barrels, Wilson Combat was my go-to. Now that LaRue is cheaper than Wilson Combat, they're my go-to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top