Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2004 6:05:45 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 6:27:54 AM EST by jjniven]
I was thinking, would it be against the law to have AUTO stamped on my AR even though the sear and selector switch are just the standard semi's, just for looks ya know, and also for my AK, what if I got a groove etched into the reciever right above the semi slot, all the parts are still legal, but would that cause questions or legal concerns?.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:33:46 AM EST
Anyone know about this?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:35:02 AM EST
I'm sure it is only cosmetic. However what are you gonna do when John Q Law starts poking his nose in? Most cops have no clue and would probably arrest you ass and confiscate you rifles. Sure when they call the feds in they will imediatly release you and maybe your firearms, but is it wouth the risk??I have found it is hard to even try to educate cop on firearms laws.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:36:44 AM EST
I would think that there is no prohibition against it. However, it may be more of a PITA than it's worth.

Apply the Law of Unintended Concequences...

worst case scenario, you are arrested, firearm is impounded, ATF is called in, you get the 3rd degree and are out some bucks for a lawyer, PLUS you are now on the local's radar screen as a trouble maker.

However, I think this would be akin to getting one of the "US PROPERTY" stamped lowers, which I plan on buying.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:50:11 AM EST
No worth the trouble in my opinion. You are the only one who will see it, and if its not a real FA, why bother?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:46:21 AM EST
I think it would be skirting the "Airsoft" line
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:08:13 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 8:09:17 AM EST by presto99]
As long as there is NOT a hole for an auto sear , You can mark it any way you want. I want a in the auto position on mine
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:30:22 AM EST
All my FALs have three position markings, they just come that way.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:17:44 AM EST
There is nothing wrong with doing this. Alot of people I know have both selector markings on their AK's. And cops are probably not going to harras you about it either.
Top Top