Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 3:31:54 PM EDT
I know that DPMS makes a Stainless Lower, do they also make a "SS" Upper?

How have the DPMS "SS" Lower been holding up?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
AFAIK, no one makes a stainless upper reciever.

As for longevity, an aluminum lower will last a pretty long time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the DPMS SS (Black Tefloned) lower on my .458 SOCOM.  It works.  It is heavier (about a pound), and it holds up very well so far as I can tell with about 500 rounds down range from the .458 SOCOM.  Worth it, no, not in my opinon.  I wanted the extra weight for the .458 SOCOM to aid in recoil reduction, but the brake is so affective that the recoil reduction by the extra pound of weight was totally un-needed.
There are no stainless uppers that I have ever run across.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:47:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I was thinking of a .50BMG upper. Do you think the added strength of the stainless would be worthwile?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was thinking of a .50BMG upper. Do you think the added strength of the stainless would be worthwile?

My personal opinion, No...

mark
[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top