Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 3:45:08 AM EDT
I purchased a complete stag A3 upper with an arms#40 from a local dealer when they transferred me my lower. Just now I've been able to get to the range to sight her in.
The only mod I've done is add a troy mrf-c rail.

At the range, I had to crank the arms#40 to the right. It got to the point where it was nearly out of adjustment and I was still hitting to the left a few inches at 25yd!

So I say ok the barrel is probably canted and can remove some material on the notch in the upper.

I slap my Eotech on it and try sighting in with that. Guess what...had to start cranking that to the right too. Well this Eotech was on my AR-10 and another AR-15 and didn't have to adjust L-R much at all.

Am I dealing with a bent barrel here???
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:47:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:54:57 AM EDT
[#2]
sounds like a bent barrel to me but I am no expert

Stag does have great customer service.  Don't hesitate to call them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=66&t=276986
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Any answer yet? Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top