Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 4:06:29 PM EST
I've been looking at Stags and RRA's. I have a question about Stag's. You can get a Stag model 1for $949. They have a complete barreled upper for $545, and complete lower half for $290. The total cost for the two halves is $835. What else would you need to assemble the complete rifle? Also does anyone know the lead time is? On their website it says 20 weeks, but that may have been back when things were really bad.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:40:47 PM EST
Why not go with the group buy deal being put on by Legal Transfers. With that setup (all Stag equipment) you get EVERYTHING but the stripped lower for $609 including shipping.

That way you pick up a stripped lower of your choice......add the kit which comes with a BUIS......and you are good-to-go!!

Th only downside of this deal is a bit of a wait.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:25:03 PM EST
I waited close to six months for my rifle to come in. Painful wait time but I am happy so far. The deal with legal transfers was the best thing I could find next to the deal my friend extended to me.

rk
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:03:06 PM EST
If you buy a whole rifle, it will come with Lifetime Warranty and a case. It is cheaper to buy separately, but if warranty is important to you, purchase it whole. One other thing is if you buy separately, there may be some play between the upper and lower. Stag fits uppers and lowers when you buy the whole rifle so there is no play. It can be annoying and I sold my 458 SOCOM just because of that reason. Afterwards, I found out that you can get a $5 part to keep the play at bay
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 8:52:18 AM EST
My main question is regarding what else would be needed to assemble the gun from those to sections. It seems to be they are both complete, but would you need a few extra things?
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 9:02:01 AM EST
With a complete lower half and a complete upper half the rifle is complete. Seems like I read somewhere that the reason a complete rifle is about 100-200 more is because of tax on complete rifles that does not apply to individual parts. It may not be this, but I heard it from somewhere.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:11:44 PM EST
Would you just need the assembly pins then?
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:21:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By Captain-America:
Would you just need the assembly pins then?

The Group Buy "KIT" rifle from Legal Transfers that I mentioned above comes with EVERYTHING.......repeat...... EVERYTHING you need to complete an AR-15, M-4 type rifle EXCEPT a stripped lower receiver. Thus the kit includes all pins and small parts needed to finish the gun.
Top Top