Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 5:24:37 PM EDT
I couldn't find my original post on my Stag lower issues so I will post my outcome here.

About a month ago I bought a Stag lower from a vendor here. When I received it, it was not cleaned up yet so it was hard to gauge it's quality. Once cleaned up I found many finish issues. Blemishes, dings, scratches, etc.

The vendor offered to exchange it, but I would have to incur another round of transfer fees, so he suggested I contact Stag and have them fix it under the warranty. I contacted Stag and they said send it back and they would refinish or remake the lower accordingly. 3 weeks later I was contacted that my lower had just come out of manufacturing and was off to hard coating.

Now after a month's total elapsed time I have a perfect Stag lower back and my new all Stag M4 build is complete.

Stag never asked questions nor hesitated to remedy the problem. I am a very happy customer and will give Stag my business from now on.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is your original thread.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Who cares about customer service when you have a ghey deer head on your lower???

TS  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Who cares about customer service when you have a ghey deer head on your lower???

TS  hr

And I suppose you have the My Little Pony on yours? or maybe the cartoonish snake puppet? or the superhero Atom icon? I think the stag head is rather noble looking.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Bravo Stag!

Quoted:
The vendor offered to exchange it, but I would have to incur another round of transfer fees,

Booo Vendor
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TS  

And I suppose you have the My Little Pony on yours? or maybe the cartoonish snake puppet? or the superhero Atom icon? I think the stag head is rather noble looking.

That was sarcasm.  I know some reading the post actually were thinking that though...  A pony, a snake or a stag doesn't impress me like quality and service do.  I don't much care for pony guns due to the PC anti stance they have...

TS
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bravo Stag!

Quoted:
The vendor offered to exchange it, but I would have to incur another round of transfer fees,

Booo Vendor

You can't expect a dealer to suck up fees (which he doesn't impose) when the problem is the fault of the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:33:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Corporal,

I completely understand the dealer not being able to suck up the fees. No problem there, but this lower had pretty obvious defects. I have never seen a blemished-rated  lower but I would imagine this one qualified. I was dismayed that the dealer didn't catch it while getting it ready to ship.

The only thing I can figure is that the lowers come in from the manufacturer all covered in a chauky residue mixed with some oily area, etc and makes it hard to truly see the lowers surface condition.

The vendor seemed like a nice guy when I dealt and spoke to him, so I think this one just got away from him. Because of Cali the Stags were selling fast and furious when I got mine, so that probably explains the quality issue as the manufacturer was trying to crank these out at a lightning pace.

Sh*t happens, right?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:40:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

TS  

From where I stand behind the rifle, I can't even see the Deer head!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:27:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the Ameetec Delta Triangle logo on my lowers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top