Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/14/2004 2:53:19 AM EST
I saw on here somewhere at some point someone was asking about which "big name" manufacturer's lowers were the same as Stag lowers. The quote below is from an email from Eagle Firearms:

"The Stag lowers are exactly like the RRA lowers, made by the same company."

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:57:04 AM EST
thats interesting. I'd be inclined to buy one if that were true. They are almost $30 cheaper.

Can anyone back that up?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:37:42 AM EST
i forget which is which, but yes, a lot of the smaller name recievers are produced by the same machine shops as the big names.

Stag lowers are excellent quality.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:46:53 AM EST

Originally Posted By ARin:
i forget which is which, but yes, a lot of the smaller name recievers are produced by the same machine shops as the big names.

Stag lowers are excellent quality.

Ditto.

I bought a Stag after buying my RRA. Had I known then I would have bought two Stags.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:19:13 AM EST
No real comment on the topic, but I have one of each on the way to me ( well my dealer anyway ). I wanted to compare them, and they're both supposed to be good lowers so what the heck. I'll have to get my calipers out and check them out ... - Charles
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:28:17 AM EST
Eagle is selling a complete Stag Arms lower with an M4 stock for $208. Man what a good price.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:15:58 AM EST
That info was given to me directly by Eagle Arms.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:42:21 AM EST
Stagarms lower are tighter than RRA meaning no wobble when uppers and lowers go together.The funny thing is they are made by the same company.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:49:54 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:31:49 PM EST
Stag, Rock River, and Century are ALL made by Continental in Connecticut, and they're all the same except for the stampings on the side. They even have the same prefix "CM" in front of the serial number.

As far as one brand being tighter than another, not really so. It just depends on what piece you get, no matter what brand name is on it. There's a certain amount of varience in all production pieces, and the Continental lowers seem to have a bit more than some others in the inner (and outer) width area. Not all that much; just a couple of thousanths. But that's enough to make the difference in early use feel when you open and close the pieces. The looser ones are snug; the tighter ones are really tight until you've used them a bit. Works out either way
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:39:36 PM EST

Same foundry, the finish on my RRA looks a tiny bit better than the finish on the Stag, but not worth $ 30 more if you are paying that (I only paid $ 79 for my RRA)

Where can you get the RRA Lowers for $79.00?... (It is below Regular Dealer Cost)

MT
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:29:50 PM EST
AR lowers have a tolerance of .015 inches. That means any dimension in the lower can be within .015 of an inch and everything should still work accordingly. The best manufactuered parts are of course much closer to the intended measurments. This is why certain lowers don't always fit well with certain uppers. If one company consistently puts out uppers that are "tighter" (meaning the actual specs are more than the intended ones), and the upper is attached to a "looser" lower (or any variation of the two) you might run into some play.
With that said, certain runs of a lower might be "tighter" due to newly sharpened drill bits, made by a different CNC machine, etc. while others might be "looser", even if they are made by the same company. So, get a lower, get an upper, put them together, and if they're some play, get an Accuwedge or a tension pin.
Top Top