Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 1:42:42 PM EDT
This weekend I plan to assemble the Armalite parts kit into my Double Star stripped lower with my Ace Skeleton Stock.  Unfortunately, I am still undecided on an upper to mate to it.  What do you guys think about the Stag 15 Model 2H Pre-Ban?  Is there any reason I should pay more $$ for a Rock River Arms or Bushmaster in the same configuration?  Do you have anything for or against Stag (besides the fact that their lower receivers have a deer head on them)?

I also considered a J&T upper, but I had minor problems with my last upper from them which required a little tweaking to get that rifle ejecting right.  It works great now, but I damn near sold it during the "break-in" period because I don't like weapons that jam up.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is there any reason I should pay more $$ for a Rock River Arms or Bushmaster in the same configuration?

In short, no.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Stag rocks!

Oh yeah,good idea to use Armalite LPK cool bolt release too.Had probs with my d/s complete lower LPK sold it off.Fixed it first though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Stag rocks!hr

Cool deal, I have read good things about Stag on this board, but I was skepticle of using them based on the fact that they are relatively new.  If I am not mistaken, I believe they are a sister company to one of the "Big Boys".

Oh yeah,good idea to use Armalite LPK cool bolt release too.Had probs with my d/s complete lower LPK sold it off.Fixed it first though.h.gif

I had problems with a previous DS kit too, hence that was the reason for going with the Armalite LPK.  On the previous DS kit, the rear takedown pin did not have a notch for the detent (i.e. it was a solid pin) AND the selecter switch was rough as hell.  I ironed the kinks out and now one of my family members wants to buy it off of me now that I have it "working".I also have an all Bushmaster rifle, and I did not encounter any problems like I did with a previous DS/J&T build.  The only negative comment I have against Bushmaster is that their stripped lowers are on the high side compared to others out there.  Other than that, Bushmaster rocks too!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:33:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stag rocks!

I had problems with a previous DS kit too, AND the selecter switch was rough as hell.

I also have an all Bushmaster rifle, The only negative comment I have against Bushmaster is that their stripped lowers are on the high side compared to others out there.  Other than that, Bushmaster rocks too!

Yes and Yes!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Who sells the Armalite LPK ?

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Armalite!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Stag Arms makes great products, so in short I don't think you will have any problems with a upper receiver from them. By the way their customer service is second to none it my book.

Veritas
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Who sells the Armalite LPK ?

dsg arms www.dsgarms.com/

or Armalite!

Sadly, I still have not put my lower together.  I received a "service call" this weekend to fix some computers that were hit with viruses
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Is the Armalite LPK specifically better than the CMT/Stag LPK or is it just preference?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Stag would be a top choice for me also.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Is the Armalite LPK specifically better than the CMT/Stag LPK or is it just preference?

Chances are the Armalite LPK is made by CMT, but i could be wrong.  The main reason I went with the Armalite is because I had problems with my last J&T/DS kit having crappy parts in it and the price was right All I know is that I didn't want another DS kit in the new Double Star receiver due to problems with my last DS kit.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Probably not,differant shaped parts.But as good.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:33:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Will not Be dissaopinted with Stag Arms, they are the best quality stuff on the market
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#14]
+++ on CMT/Stag uppers, nice fit and finish great price...check out teknic here on EE for great pricing.....
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top