Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 8:41:56 AM EST
Stag Arms states their guns are mil-spec, however I know some makers use the larger buttstock tube. Anyone know if the Stag AR1-15's use the mil-spec receiver extension or the commercial extension. I want to order a Magpul MOE stock.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:44:59 AM EST
Stag Arms uses a Mil-Spec buffer tube.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:53:38 AM EST
Yeah, i sent em an email the other day concerning the same thing and it was confirmed by David at Stag Arms that it was the mil spec tube.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:59:06 AM EST
I appreciate the replies. That means I can use the MOE I have on my Colt until I get another one. My Stag Model 2 should be here by this time next week. Got to shoot the new gun ASAP when it gets here!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:14:41 AM EST
Mine has a commercial tube, but I didn't get the gun built by stag. Bought a built lower from Lonestar Wholesale and for some reason he used the commercial tube. Didn't know the difference back then so I didn't care. Now that I want a MOE/CTR it's kind of a problem.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:37:27 AM EST
Originally Posted By FTAggie:
Mine has a commercial tube, but I didn't get the gun built by stag. Bought a built lower from Lonestar Wholesale and for some reason he used the commercial tube. Didn't know the difference back then so I didn't care. Now that I want a MOE/CTR it's kind of a problem.

Milspec Tube
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:39:49 AM EST
Originally Posted By FTAggie:

You can get MOE's/CTR's in commercial diameter as well. FYI
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:50:43 AM EST
I know but commercial tubes aren't as consitent in measurements... at least that's what I have read here.
Top Top