Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2010 9:02:14 PM EDT
I've been using a CZ 527 American in .223 for coyote and it does the job quite nicely. It's just that I've often thought how nice it would be to have a quick followup shot. My RRA wasn't purchased with hunting in mind. It has been a range rifle/personal defense weapon right from the git go. Whenever I go to my local gun shop I've been asking when they thought they'd be getting a Stag Model 8 in. Needless to say they were never quite sure. So on the way home after my last service call I swing by the shop fully intending to pick up some .17HMR for this coming weekend at the gun club. Low and behold when I walk in there on the wall I spot the Stag. It had just arrived today. Not having that much walking around money on me I put down a deposit and will be picking it up tomorrow. I'm pretty stoked. The RRA has never failed me and I can only assume will continue to work well for its intended purpose, but the Model 8 will wear a scope and live in the field as long as it shoots well enough. The rifle is actually lighter feeling than I expected, which is a good thing and it balances well. I'll post some photos and a range report once I get it set up and can run some rounds through it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:25:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NWCP:
I've been using a CZ 527 American in .223 for coyote and it does the job quite nicely. It's just that I've often thought how nice it would be to have a quick followup shot. My RRA wasn't purchased with hunting in mind. It has been a range rifle/personal defense weapon right from the git go. Whenever I go to my local gun shop I've been asking when they thought they'd be getting a Stag Model 8 in. Needless to say they were never quite sure. So on the way home after my last service call I swing by the shop fully intending to pick up some .17HMR for this coming weekend at the gun club. Low and behold when I walk in there on the wall I spot the Stag. It had just arrived today. Not having that much walking around money on me I put down a deposit and will be picking it up tomorrow. I'm pretty stoked. The RRA has never failed me and I can only assume will continue to work well for its intended purpose, but the Model 8 will wear a scope and live in the field as long as it shoots well enough. The rifle is actually lighter feeling than I expected, which is a good thing and it balances well. I'll post some photos and a range report once I get it set up and can run some rounds through it.

Yes , please Post some photos and a range report once I get it set up and can run some rounds through it like to hear about your experience.

Top Top