Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/6/2004 5:29:17 PM EST
Anyone used this Item? I am left hand challenged and figured this would be a good upper for my first build. DPMS Lower with RRA Parts.

Any feedback on this item, and is stag arms the only place I can purchase it or do others cary it as well.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:17:48 PM EST
I am a lefty. SEVERELY left handed.

The AR15 is an ambidextrous weapon. There is NO reason to purchase specialized left handed parts...... I would stick with standard parts..... and train, and adapt. Only.... if you truly feel after spending a lot of time behind the standardized weapon, should you consider any special parts such as this.

Thats just my opinion.... tring to keep you from wasting your money and building bad habits.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:11:14 AM EST
I purchased one recently and was thoroughly impressed with the fit and finish. I've only had it out at the range once since I've only had it for about a week.
Why settle for a righty weapon? I've had a RH BM for about 10 years and still couldn't get over the fact that every once in a while a casing would zing past my neck. Plus the gas relief holes are also pointed at you on a RH weapon.

Unfortunately Stag Arms is the only place carrying them, even the other places carrying their lowers haven't started purchasing any. Pity, we have to pay full retail. Just remember to mention their ad in the EE so you get free shipping.

Bonus: You get to pelt the guy to your left at the range with all your empties back.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:13:44 AM EST
I was thinking the same thing about bad habits. I can already manipulate the weapon REAL well from having to train with one in the Marines. 4 time award expert so why change right?

Thanks for the head check!!

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:31:05 PM EST
Hey, whatever works.
I carry an M-14 when I saddle up at 'work' so it dosen't really matter to me.
Top Top