Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/24/2005 11:38:59 AM EDT
I'm going to hacksaw a barrel (shorten) but, of course, want to square up the front. Brownells is out of their 90 degree muzzle facing cutter -- is there any other way to do this or another company I could check for the same type tool?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:59:05 AM EDT
Why do I see this ending very badly? Honestly, if I were you I'd send it to Adco Firearms to have them shorten the barrel properly. If you accidently make a mistake while measuring you could very easily have yourself an illegal weapon. Adco wants $65 to cut and crown/thread. How much is a barrel if you royaly screw it up? I'm not doubting your skills as it is your call, but I wouldn't do it. Be safe, spend the money and be all the happier for it. MJD
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:29:27 PM EDT
A lathe?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:43:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hdbint:
A lathe?

or a mill?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:26:04 PM EDT
If you were going to buy the 90 degree cutter, surely you can afford to send to ADCO, who will do it right, properly finished and with a guarantee.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:48:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/25/2005 3:49:47 AM EDT by bill1962]
My HK94 is already a SBR, but I have found no one who can shorten, crown and THREAD the barrel (for a 3 lug flash hider adapter) without going through the expensive process of removing it from the receiver. There are several places that are supposed to do this, but I have yet to find
out who. If you have anyone you know of please let me know. I'd like someone in Georgia, so that I don't have to go through a third party (FFL holder), I'm semi anal about sending it through the mail because of right here on AR15 heard about someone who sent theirs away for work and never saw it again -- I'd much rather have the weapon than the insurance money.
Top Top