Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 5:50:16 PM EDT
My  AR15 goes sproing when I let the bolt go unlike other rifles that I have dealt with.  I would assume that this indicates the spring is weak or something along those lines. It is a new spring and a new upper. There is a noticable lag for the bolt to go forward.  It is not slow, but it is just not 'forceful'.  

There does not seem to be any function problems with the rifle.  It is just annoying for brand new equipment.  

Any thoughts?

Equipment
RRA 20" A2 upper
RRA Lower
RRA Lower parts kit
A2 stock assembly from White Oak Armament.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#1]
It'll be fine. Welcome to AR15.COM

MT
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#2]
What a lovely sound!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:33:08 PM EDT
[#3]
What they are trying to tell you is the sproing is the sound of a happy AR.  There is nothing wrong with it.  Some make the noise, others don't.  Some will recommend a little grease on the spring to quiet it down.  Don't do this...! Attracts dirt and then you have a mess.  Just listen and enjoy...
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#4]
dry teflon type lube will work and wont attract dirt:D
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Did the "other rifles" you've dealt with have A2 stocks for collapsable stocks. I've noticed much less "sproing" with Collapsable stocks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#6]
My OLY pcr 16 did it. Then I bought a RRA collapsible stock for my colt M4 and put the fixed off the colt on the OLY and no more noise.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#7]
It's defective send it to me for proper disposal.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies everyone.  I might try the dry teflon or just leave it alone.

Thanks again
Matt
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top