Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 10:34:10 PM EDT
Anyone using their scopes? Have been shopping online and see a 4-14x40mm with bullet drop compensated , range finding reticle for .223 for around $400.00.What do you guys think ?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:18:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I had the 4-14x56.That one was a big,heavy scope.The range finding recticle was way too cluttered for me.I got rid of it quickly after only 200 rds(most likely right before it would have broke).Do a search here and you'll see some horror stories about the quality of these scopes.

P.S. There's a good reason why Springfield doesn't even sell scopes anymore.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:24:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one (4X14X56) mounted on my 700PSS, and quite frankly I wish I would have spent the extra cash and got a Leupy M1/M3 instead. I TOTALLY agree with GG when he says it was big and heavy and the reticle was way too cluttered. Also the level inside was not calibrated correctly. When the scope was boresighted perfectly level, the level INSIDE the scope would show a cant of approx. 2 inches. PITA IMHO. Nice glass clarity overall, but I wouldn't buy another one.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is a discussion that recently took place over under Armory /Precission Rifle:
Springfield Scopes

It pretty much seems that some of the scopes are great, some of them are junk. The million dollar question, is there any way to tell which ones are good and which ones are junk?

I thought about trying to research this one out, but I am not sure that it would be worth the time.

Mine are working great so I will keep using them, but I have my doubts about buying anymore in the future.

Oh well, good luck,
"Capt Richardson"
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top