Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/28/2003 8:37:09 PM EDT
I was looking at a SA 4-14 x 40 Tactical scope today at a local shop. Does anyone have one? Please give me the lowdown. Price was $350. Thanks very much!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:14:49 AM EDT
I had one. It took me exactly 2 rds to zero the thing to my stisfaction, and I'm REALLY particular about zeroing my sights/scopes. The optics were nice and clear, but it just didn't "fit" on a carbine. I ended up selling it to a friend, who is very happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:30:31 AM EDT
If you look on snipercountry.com, snipersparadise.com and snipershide.com, the VAST majority will say that you should avoid SA scopes like the plague. For every one who is happy, there is usually 5-8 who have problems. The most common problems seems to be that the scopes comes apart. On the plus side, SA usually fixes/replaces the scope pretty fast... Personally, I would never buy a SA based on the reputation I've seen on the previous mentioned sites....
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:35:26 AM EDT
I just scored a Leupold 4.5-14x50mm M1LR Tactical Mildot for $777 shipped from skyoptics.com. My guess is there is a reason why Springfield Optics are given away at $350. The only scope I have seen that would be worth more and represents a real value is the Super Sniper scope by Tasco. This scope could easily sell for $500++ if it offered a lifetime warranty, like Leupold, and was still made to the Navy contract specs. The newer ones seemed to have mushy controls. Ed
Top Top