Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/15/2003 8:53:31 PM EDT
I recently had the chance to use a Springfield 4x14-40 mounted on a Bushmaster varmint rifle, I really liked this optic a lot. Where is a good place to purchase Springfield optics, and is there any other scopes out there that are equal to this optic? Also, I was told that there are 2 models one standard and one that is equiped with the 5.56 bullet drop, will either work on a .223/5.56 rifle? Help, I don't want to order the wrong scope.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 9:07:04 PM EDT
Stay away from SA scopes. They're terrible. I had 3 of them, and they all 3 took a dump on me. They're nothing but eye candy. If you're gonna spend that kind of money, get something like a Weaver or Nikon, or even a VX-3 Leupold. The glass is MUCH better, and they won't crap out on you.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:09:29 AM EDT
Agreed, the Springfield looks nice, and the bangwhiz rangefinding reticle is nice, but that thing was just not great. It is a BIG scope. The real problem I had with it was that it was dark. Not great glass for light transmission. I switched to a Leupold VX-II Tactical. It is there economy tactical model. It is 3-9x, target knobs, blacked out ring, and the glass is much brighter than the Springfield was. Just my experience anyway
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:11:43 AM EDT
From my personal experience, they are junk. A lot of other folks feel the same way. [url]http://www.snipershide.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000409#000017[/url] [url]http://www.snipershide.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000273[/url] [url]http://www.snipershide.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000106[/url] Read those 3 links about the Springfield scopes. They pretty much sum it up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:16:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Menehune: I switched to a Leupold VX-II Tactical. It is their economy tactical model. It is 3-9x, target knobs, blacked out ring, and the glass is much brighter than the Springfield was.
View Quote
I have one of these on a bolt gun (CZ527, 222 Rem) and it is perfectly capable of repeatable sub-MOA accuracy. The target knobs do away with the friction adjustments that were one of the major downsides of the Vari-X II line. jafager
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 10:14:31 AM EDT
Yep, click adjustments are nice. The numbered knobs are nicer. I used a computer sight in at my local range. I set the so that Zero on the knobs is set for 100 yds. Then I ran different distances through the computer, how many clicks for different distances, and whicj number on the turrets corresonds with the clicks. I just keep the list with the rifle, and can adust the scope to the range I need by looking turning it to whatever number I need. Woks well, and I can turn it right back to 100 yd zero. Mine is on a RRA 16" varmint upper, and will give me MOA with no problem.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 10:20:02 AM EDT
If you really want one try: [url=www.quanticoarms.com]Quantico Arms[/url] It appeared he had them in stock last time I was in his shop, and he supports the site. Though I would get a VariXIII for the same money before I EVER bought a SA Scope. Ed
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 10:47:39 AM EDT
i may have on for ya... SA 6-20x56 Mil dot Lit recticle. Not even a year old. I like the scope. I just foudn a great deal on a M1 garand, and i need the cash. drop me a line if you're interested.
Top Top